View Single Post
Anonymous32507

Default Feb 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I was taught in two different group therapy programs for depression that actions change thoughts, then actions and thoughts change feelings. Basically it was a triangle model and the easiest thing to change first was actions, which in turn helps changes thoughts and then feelings. Feelings are hard to just automatically change, and so are thoughts, not impossible just hard.

I do think mindset has a lot to do with it. It isn't going to cure you, but by Building a solid foundation of hope, positivity, and actions that support these can only help. For myself I find the more I work on building that foundation, the easier it is to come back to. I still get depressed but I can get myself back out faster and easier than before.

I'm going to leave it simple, I don't want to write a novel. However I think minset is HUGE. All the meds I have ever taken have not helped me as much as changing my minset has. Meds can help some get to a place where they can actually work on this, but for me mindset has been the more powerful longer lasting of the two.

Last edited by Anonymous32507; Feb 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AniManiac, moremi, venusss