Thread: This is me.
View Single Post
la doctora
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2010
12 hugs
given
Default Mar 08, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Welcome friend, find your comfort here...

Quote:
While it is true that I have not been "officially" diagnosed by a professional, everything that I have read and studied about this "disorder" fits me to a tee.
You and I have something in common there. I have seen a pshyc and counselor for the past several years, but I have just figured out that this is the problem. I haven't been able to see them since then so we haven't talked about it. Usually anxiety and bipolar topics are the ones I tackle. I haven't been seen by my psych and counselor for a few months now because of lack of insurance and lack of job. Both are thankfully temporary and I will get my insurance and get to go talk to my peeps again and bring up this whole Avoidant thing. I'm sure they will be very impressed, lol.

Quote:
There is nothing harder for me than to open up to someone, let alone a complete stranger,
It was so hard for me, but then I realized that they CAN'T betray your trust and it became a little easier. I actually feel safe talking to her. It's like my way to tell someone my dirty little secret but they can't and don't judge at all. You don't have to see them again in your life except to talk. There are no consequences, except for the good ones that come from therapy.

Quote:
Plus, for the psych to meet someone with AvPD seems to be quite exciting and challenging.
Snap, this is an interesting comment to me. Are we really so rare, or is it that we don't figure it out and admit/talk about it very often?
Being a doctor also, I appreciate when I get to see something rare, so that makes me smile that I could give them that feeling from seeing me.

Thanks for this!
Adriftinlife