View Single Post
lbrown1

Member Since Mar 2012
23 hugs
given
Default Mar 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

My question is pretty serious to me.. I am diagnosed bipolar 2 mixed.. mental illness is every which way in the family, My mother-MDD, My grandma MDD, My Uncle Bipolar, My youngest of 7 brothers-OCD, the list continues.. Back to my question, I have a younger brother who has always had depression problems, the older he got the more unstable he became, in his late teens he started changing, at first I thought he was bipolar to.. but his was really different than mine. He talks to other people.. in his head, very paranoid, thinks everyone is out to get him, he is different. His change in moods is extremely severe. Sometimes he will be talking and everything about him is gone.. the look on his face is complete emptiness/blankness, like his soul has left his body, its kinda scary, i always tap him on the forehead to get him to come back, he usually dont remember what we were talking about, He cant fit in anywhere we go, always makes a scene and people stare.. family talks about him like he is crazy. He is now 23, has had one failed relationship and a 2 yr old son. He has not been successful in holding a job, but his multiple personalities I wouldn't keep him working for me either, and I am very open about mental illness as I said I am Bipolar, He is severe .. something.. MY question is he is a young male with no insurance, no job, no address except mine. Other than me and my mother, the whole family has shunned him. He is currently living with me and my children, I dont believe he would ever hurt us intentionally, but sometimes when he is not him, I wander and I am very cautious of not making him the least bit upset. I have asked my psychiatrist and my therapist how to get him help with no insurance but neither could give me an answer. My brother needs help, I cant shun him, put him on the street, or pretend that he is ok when I know better. He has been emotionally hurt by so many family members and now has those issues also (which are pretty severe). I talk to him about the things he sees and hears and his stories.. and when i say stories I mean way out there couldnt have possibly happened but he really believes it. I never argue with him I just say ok and listen and sometimes go along adding to it. (not sure how healthy it is) I want him to have a sense of belonging.. I am scared for him everytime he walks out the house. My mother thanks me everyday for supporting him, but to be honest I barely afford to support my children and self, Im not 100% stable myself with my bipolar. I need to get him help so I can be sure 1) me and my kids are safe 2) not make myself sick worryin 3) because he is my baby brother and I know there is something seriously not right in his head, I would gladly give my ins up for him and deal with being an unstable depressed mess the rest of my life just to give him 1 day of saneness if i could. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET HIM HELP WITHOUT LOCKING HIM AWAY, HE DONT NEED THAT HE HAS HAD TO MUCH REJECTION AND EMOTIONAL HURT, BUT HE DOES NEED TO BE DIAGNOSED AND START TREATMENTS FOR WHATEVER HE HAS. he has agreed to go see a dr if i can find him help. he trust me (90% of the time) and after discussing it he agreed.. I NEED A DOCTOR TO SEE HIM!
lbrown1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Innerzone, Johnny Be Good