View Single Post
23andlost

Member Since Mar 2012
Default Mar 14, 2012 at 07:00 AM

Yea I guess I need to just trying to get better at talking to people so maybe I could meet a girl that would look past my problems. I just dont know how I would handle being rejected a lot because of my physical problem, so its like i just want to avoid that potential situation completely.

I had another social anxiety group session thing and even there I feel like I am sort of an outcast. They all were talking about how they had some friends at least and some of them had relationships. I just felt like I was so crappy and couldnt even relate to these people that have one similar problem to me since I have many others. My first session I was just so nervous that I barely said a few words. This recent one I tried talking, and ended up sort of rambling without thinking enough about what I was saying and I just ended up looking like an idiot. Like I started mentioning some of the other problems I had because I thought the question the therapist asked was related to that, so I started talking about how ive had acne and it bother me a lot and Im worried people are judging me all time for having it. It sort of was not related to the question she asked at all and they they probably all think I am a weirdo now too heh. Thats how I am a lot though. I always feel like I am missing the point of what people are saying, or I give an answer that just confuses them or gives off a meaning that I dont intend. Im going to try to force myself to go again next week, but I have been like thinking about how I probably came across really weird when I talked and Im sort of afraid of going back again heh.

cgrgsm Ive kissed girls barely though heh. So I am not better off than you. Ive kissed 3 girls total and only a few times each. And its been like 3 years since I kissed a girl. So Im probably still a really terrible kisser and am pretty much like ive never kissed a girl basically.

Ive been unhappy a long time, even before Ive had my recent physcical problems. Ive been depressed and shy and stuff and just sort of like fantasized or hoped that a girl would sort of reach out to me and Id fall in love and be happy or something stupid. Thats never happened, and I dont think its very likely to. I think that for me and you too we need to like work on our depression and other problems so when we do interact with people we will feel more confident. I just saw this thread that is sort of related to this: Made sense to me sort of.

http://forums.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=219961
23andlost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote