View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
Default Mar 14, 2012 at 03:21 PM

I wouldn't know, being both bipolar and suffered from self-injury and severe depression.

I hate to sugarcoat because it sounds fake, but here is my sugarcoated version of saying the exact same thing:

"Hi sweety, I know how it feels like to feel like you can't do anything, but it's just not true. One of my favorite expression to get me out of my depression is to "live deliberately."

To put it simply, it just means you need change your normal routine and do things differently. It may sound hard because I have the same problem, but you have come to the right place.

A to-do list can add extra pressure when trying to deal with depression, so just go at your own pace and just hope and "pray" for the best that things can go smoothly. The grass is always greener when you add food coloring.

I am so sorry to hear that you are unemployed. I wish for the best that you can find a job with your depression. I know how hard it is to work when you just aren't up for it, but the longer you are out of work, the harder it is to find work. When looking for a job, don't aim too high or you'll strain yourself mentally and physically. An entry level position is much more suitable and it will get you in the door for other work when your depression lifts.

Volunteer work is a great way to start work without running the risk of being fired. In fact, sticking to volunteer work is probably best for you with your state of mind and it will look good on a resume.

Reducing your internet time is a great goal, but incredibly hard to do when depressed. In fact, goals are incredibly hard to accomplish when depressed, so perhaps you should stick to something simple like reading a good book or sitting on your porch and staring at the sun (not to go blind, but being outside is clinically proven to make you 75% happier than being inside)

I will be "praying" for you and hope that you do find what you are looking for.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote