skysblue
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2011
554 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2012 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin99 View Post
Yeah actually it does. That's why I think she's a bit too emotionally involved. It seemed as if she was genuinely hurt by that email.

She has said that she is trying to teach me what a "normal" relationship is like, with boundaries, mutual respect, etc.

Maybe I need to ask what she's trying to accomplish because at this point, I'm confused!
Can't she teach you without calling you names? One of the reasons I'm seeing a therapist now is because I had a close friend who was a T and she kept telling me bad things about myself. I was called manipulative, deceitful, loved playing the victim, untrustworthy and on and on and on. I believed her because she was a therapist. I got so confused that I literally was losing my mind.

My T now is extremely gentle and never labels me unless it's positive. I'm slowly gaining some sense of self-worth but it would never have gotten as far as it has if she had ever treated me the way your T treats you. I am very sensitive and skittish and would have hidden myself very deeply if I ever had have been punished for sharing my feelings. It took a while for trust to develop. I needed to see again and again that T accepted me - all parts of me - the positive and the not so good. I could never have handled such a cold response that your T has given.

It's like your T is hot sometimes and cold other times. How can you develop trust? How will you know what is a punishable offense? I give you credit for being able to continue on.

Last edited by skysblue; Mar 19, 2012 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: grammar
skysblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
PreacherHeckler