View Single Post
Eleora

Member Since May 2006
Default May 28, 2006 at 03:32 AM

About a week ago my psychiatrist dropped me...he didn't give me a reason, he just told me he didn't want to see me again. He said my case would be open for 2 months incase something really serious happened and he dropped me.

My family doctor is fuming...she thinks he dropped me because I recently quit an outpatient treatment program (there is a big story behind that, but I had good reasons). So she is going to be prescribing my current medications (and possibly adding one) until I find a new psychiatrist.

In the mean time...I found a psychologist, but I don't know if I can afford him. It's going to cost $130/hour and its frustrating. I work two jobs and go to school and I still can't afford this...I don't want my parents to have to help me out.

I am just confused about why my psychiatrist would drop me suddenly. I feel like if it's this easy for him to give up on me, then maybe I should give up on myself.

I am feeling angry too, because now I am going to have to go private and OHIP won't cover the cost.

I am just so frustrated.
Eleora is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote