Thread: Hate My Body?
View Single Post
KeepGoing8

Member Since Mar 2012
140 hugs
given
Default Mar 27, 2012 at 05:39 PM

I used to be so pissed at my parents for not getting me braces. I had a wide gap between my 2 front teeth, my top canines were above and in front of all the rest of my teeth, and they have all always been far from pure white...as a shy, young, new girl at school it was humiliating for me...
Now, I'm a 27 year old woman with messed up teeth in California...I'm like an exotic animal! Hehe, but what's really funny is...the social trend of celebrating weirdness and embracing misfits (see Glee, LadyGaga, LMFAO, Skrillex, Jonah Hill...the list goes on!)
Is opening up a place for folks like u and me...and I really think we are moving toward a more balanced appreciation of the strength, focus, creativity, and cultural importance of the inner beauties like u and me : )
Ps. U read any of Thomas Eisners books on chemical defenses in arthropods, like, "For Love of Insects"? (he covers non-insect arthropods as well) SO RAD
Pps. Messed up teeth are totally attractive to a lot of people: in Japan girls r getting dental surgeries to have " snaggle tooth" implants!!!
KeepGoing8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shezbut