View Single Post
Lizzie B

Member Since Feb 2012
39 hugs
given
Default Mar 28, 2012 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardavak View Post
I'm 18 years old & I've been in a state of constant debate whether I'm straight or bi- or gay. I haven't had any feelings towards men and don't have any now,yet when I tend to think about what it would be if were to be with a man,I surprisingly find myself in a state of doubt. I can't fully shake off such a thought and whenever anyone utters such a word as 'homo' or any other, I become extremely anxious and can't ignore any such thoughts and cant firmly say that i'm straight.It's not that i've hidden urges for being gay or bi, I want to be straight but I'm confused for no reason. I checked on the internet and found such symptoms to be that of OCD. Even my sanity score indicates strong borderline and OCD traits. However I want to have some practical tips about how to stop from overthinking about this gender debate and perhaps all the other things I foolishly waste time on each day. I can't escape no matter what,even if i want to right now. And personally am more attracted to girls though I've been in doubt even,about that recently. Please help me!!
I've heard many people your age say they are waiting until later in life to make a decision on sexual preferance. Enjoy your life believe me youth passes very quickly. I wish I had followed my gut re: crushes on woman before breaking under societal/family pressure and married a man.