View Single Post
stopdog
underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 04, 2012 at 04:20 PM

I am interested in attachment in therapy and what it means to different types and how it relates to how therapy works. (For what it is worth, I do not foresee this thread will touch on forbidden topics or crude descriptions of intimate acts)
I never would have thought about it except the therapist I see said something about it, then I read some books, then people here mentioned it, I took some tests, and I find it curious.
I am, not surprisingly, low anxious high dismissive according to testing (one done by a professional and a couple online) = I am consistent on this. Despite my dismissive style, I do continue to see the therapist, mostly on a regular basis, and I do not usually want bad things to befall her. She takes this as a sign of some sort of attachment - I am on the fence.
I keep trying to see how changing the style will change anything I want changed. I wonder about the therapist's attachment style and if that has any place in how a client attaches to the therapist. Are we attracted to therapists with certain styles? Do you know or are you curious about your style? Do you think attachment style has any bearing on your therapy?
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AllyIsHopeful, Ford Puma, tametc