View Single Post
MoxieDoll

Member Since Apr 2012
Default Apr 06, 2012 at 04:46 AM

Wow-I really could have written verbatim what you're going through. I am 4 classes, just 1 semester, away from getting my Associates and I quit 2 weeks ago. I know that I'll go back, but I can't finish this semester and probably won't go back until fall. I feel like you, like I can't remember what I need to, that I'll always manage to screw things up right before I finish them, that I won't ever be able to hold a job.

BUT- I did finish school years and years ago, I got my LPN license as a single mom. I have worked steadily for years, I job hopped but I was always employed, just with different companies. I only stopped working after having surgery 3 years ago that keeps me from physically doing my job. So, I know I *can* do this and I *will* do it, just not right now-because it's more important that I keep myself from spinning out of control and hurting my family.

I know you'll finish it, just maybe not this semester or next semester. But, you'll do it and then you'll be so enormously proud of yourself because you muscled through and did something you didn't think that you could. I hope this doesn't come off harshly, but I printed this out and stuck it on my desk when I was screaming and throwing my calculator trying to figure out factoring in algebra a year ago:

Algebra equation of the day: (Your goals) - (Your doubts) = Your reality.