Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
401 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My kids are cool View Post
I happened to see a photo of my therapist with his wife sitting on his lap. Just happened to see it. Not because I was cyber stalking him or anything. Or maybe I was, but anyway . . .

My point was that because of my own CSA thing, I find lap sitting to be extremely creepy. I don't sit on my own husband's lap, unless I'm pretty desperate for um, certain activities. So. The photo of my T and his wife just ticked me off for a whole host of reasons. I talked to him about it and it was actually helpful. Try discussing it with her.
I give you major props for discussing the pic with your T. Mine has a picture of her husband lying on a couch with their two small children piled on top of him. It's angled so that she can see it on her desk, but it also faces me if I look to the side when I'm sitting on the couch. I find it uncomfortable to look at.

I've shown my T a couple of pictures of my husband over the years. The first time, she commented that he was cute, which I found odd for some reason. I think I liked it, actually, like maybe we had similar taste in men
likelife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
bounceback