View Single Post
KarmaRules

Member Since Jan 2012
4 hugs
given
Trig Apr 19, 2012 at 03:03 AM

I am not sure really what to do anymore. My family is driving me insane!
Just some background info...due to my husband needing to miss almost 3 weeks of work in Feb due to emergency surgery which left our finances in tatters, then our daughter having to be hospitalized 8 days for being suicidal (she's bipolar) and then a month later for another 9 days for swallowing a handful of pills...then our son had a psychotic episode from not taking his meds while at a friend's for a week so HE was hospitalized for a week...

Anyway, I have been battling a severe mixed episode for the last few months. psychosis at times, other times just wanting to blissfully fall asleep and maybe just stay asleep for a good long while. I am tired yet so full of nervous, agitated energy all the time. Plus, I have recently been worked up for the fibro, carpal tunnel, and chronic nerve pain in my back.

The problem is, my healthy (mentally & physically) husband has left every aspect of trying to maintain our household to me. The fact that he missed so much work still has me digging us out of a hole, the kids are all over the place, he has completely shut down and I am just so f'ing mad and sad and overwhelmed...

I saw my pdoc today, and he asked me if i had any thoughts of hurting myself... without even thinking about it, i replied, "of course, but I'm too damn busy to kill myself right now."
That scared me because it was almost a relief to have said it. My husband just won't hear me...

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr. Seuss

Diagnosed Bipolar I with bouts of psychosis, PTSD, ADD, anxiety...also diabetic, battle chronic migraines & fibromyalgia.
psych meds include Lamictal, Zyprexa, Lyrica & Ativan
KarmaRules is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Trippin2.0, Tsunamisurfer