Legendary

Member Since Mar 2009
9,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 01, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah View Post
Rainbow, I've never heard you mention anxiety before. Have you been working on this in therapy? People sometimes over focus on something in their life and this becomes like an "anxiety bank" for them, a place to put all of their anxieties, a way to deal with them. Do you think that your T might be your anxiety bank?

(Fixated is a good term here).
Sannah, I'm not sure how you missed it. My anxiety, that is. Every T I've had told me I'm an anxious person though no one ever gave me that as an official diagnosis. Strange as it may seem, my current T is the only one who is actually treating me for it. That's why she introduced me to meditation, mindfulness, and yoga, as well as visualization of the beach, a place where I'm calm and relaxed. My family knows I'm anxious so they don't always tell me things that would make me worry. Since I worry about lots of things, I do not think my T is my anxiety bank. I know that bad things can happen, and I try NOT to focus on them.

I just remembered that my former T did try to help me with anxiety. She had me write, for about a week at least, 100 things I was worried about every day. It was okay to repeat them, as I didn't have 100 different worries. It may have helped. She also told me I could try setting aside 15 minutes of "worry time" each day and if I worried any other time, to tell myself it wasn't my time yet.

Perna: I'm actually going on a mini-trip soon after my session, but that's causing me anxiety too!
rainbow8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous47147