View Single Post
Dustinthewind72

Member Since May 2012
Default May 12, 2012 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypop30 View Post
So I have recently been diagnosed with a bipolar disorder. I have done a lot of reading on Bipolar but every article states the two sides depression and manic. I hardly see the manic side but deal with the depression more. Does anyone else deal with that in their Bipolar disorder? What is Bipolar like to you and how does it feel?
Hello! I have been bipolar most my life, I am almost 40. It manifests its self in a variety of ways at different times in life and can change as you age. I am usually more depressed than anything, and when I'm manic it's usually dysphoric and rarely ever euphoric unfortunately. I have found for my self as I started to accept it and grow with it I have looked back at my life with different eyes. I see my behavior in a whole new way, I was in denial for at least ten yrs. It's still sometimes hard to accept, I think if the world were more open minded and caring maybe I would feel different.
It's good your here now dealing with it. My mother who is 63 is just now looking at herself and realizing she may have it. Good luck to you, send any questions my way if you like.

Thanks for this!
Tsunamisurfer