IFG

Member Since May 2012
19.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2012 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
Well guys my financial situation is pretty grim, I'm almost out of my non-retirement savings, and that includes using up my retirement savings that were not in a locked in account. I mailed in the application today to the financial services commission to get access to some funds from my locked in account to support myself, but the amount I can withdraw is pretty minimal - thank God I got into a subsidized housing situation.

And I've hit the debt wall - years of bad decisions have caught up with me, leaving me with little or no options other than filing for bankruptcy. I feel so embarrassed that things have come to this. I'm meeting with a trustee on Mon. to start the process.

I guess the only good thing that can be said about it, is it gives me a clean slate to start from, and the trustee said I should be discharged from bankruptcy within 9 months, at which point I can start rebuilding my credit rating, assuming I find a job.

I really feel like a failure that I let things get this bad.

splitimage
A clean slate sounds good! Good Luck with your jobs search! I'll be in the same boat soon if I don't find work. A person can only just do the best they can from where they are. We can't change the past. Good Luck with everything!
IowaFarmGal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote