View Single Post
MyFathersGirl

Member Since May 2012
1 hugs
given
Default May 17, 2012 at 01:00 AM

I saw something about this on Dr. Drew's HLN show last week and realized that I deal with some of the same issues. Mine doesn't have anything to do with adoption and a reunion years later whici is what happens in most cases of this. For me I get the thoughts about my uncle when he comes to visit which isn't very often since we are in the northwest and he is in the southeast. I love to just lay my head on his stomach and have his arm wrapped around me. I've never acted on the thoughts or even told anybody (not even my best friend that I tell just about everything to) except for here in an anonymous forum but I have thought about wanting to have sex with him. When it has to do with adoption they talk about it being a form of delayed bonding and after puberty the brain starts to confuse that desire of bonding for sexual ones. I was only a few weeks old when he first saw me. I have seen pictures of him feeding me my bottle and laying next to me in his bed while I took a nap. He visited us again when I was a little over a year but the first time I can say I have any memory of it was high school. I almost wonder if my uncle and I bonded more than normal over those few short weeks when I was a baby since I was so young and he was feeding me. Anyway, has anybody else here experienced feelings like this toward a relative.? How did you deal with it? I am really confused and don't know how to process these emotions. At least we don't see each other often but even the thoughts are causing a lot of shame because I know you shouldn't be feeling this way toward a relative.
MyFathersGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote