Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2012 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
Hellion, you have to have a background of demonstrated handicap and, if you have at your age, your parents were probably already receiving SSI for you. Otherwise, it is to supplement what you can earn at a job; you do not get to decide if you can/cannot work, it has to be proven which means you have to have tried to work and been discharged for cause while seeing doctors who can document your disability and difficulties.
Unfortunatly for me I never have been able to afford getting my issues officially diagnosed...I have had treatment though mostly counseling and am working on getting everything addressed and more on record. My parents never really had any of this looked into any more then I went to counseling and it wasn't really so bad when I was a child.

Also why the assumption that I just up and decided I can't work? that actually really upsets me because I've been having a really, really difficult time functioning because of my PTSD and other issues I've had for longer...I had to drop out of college and can hardly go out in public and when I do have to limit myself because of it. So as much as I would like to be able to get a job I really don't see how I would function at one...I have had a couple jobs in the past to and it didn't work out do to the disability issues.

I was kind of asking for help with how to get on it, and the process not someone to tell me I have no business applying because they assume I don't have an actual disability. I wasn't posting this to have to prove myself over a forum why I am applying as that kinda puts a lot of un-needed stress on me right now. I mean I really don't have another option besides applying for SSI, but I guess it was stupid of me to expect it might work out if I apply and appeal it when it gets denied. Everything else is hopeless so why wouldn't that be.
Hellion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote