View Single Post
2or3things

Member Since May 2011
167 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2012 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My kids are cool View Post
I've talked to a number of other survivors and I think what you describe is pretty typical. I second guess myself a lot. My husband actually cried yesterday about something I told him and I immediately thought I'd told the story 'wrong' or exaggerated somehow because in my head, it wasn't all that bad.

I think the reality is that unless someone breaks down and tells us, we may never know for sure.
Do you have any sense of if those folks are usually right when they unearth other memories? I don't know why I'm so hung up on being "fair" to my abuser. (More issues to dive into with T, I suppose. ) Anyway, I guess the hardest part is just not knowing exactly what happened, and maybe never finding out.

I know what you mean about feeling like you'd told the story wrong. When I talk about it, my partner seems more affected by it than I am. And my T keeps talking about me needing to get angry about it. I just never have. I mean, I know that what happened wasn't good. I know if it happened to my daughter, I'd probably have to kill someone. But for me and what happened, it's just sort of "Eh. Yeah. Not the best time in my life, but it's fine." Is that how you feel?

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated!
2or3things is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
pbutton