View Single Post
Mommilady

Member Since May 2012
47 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2012 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2or3things View Post
I think this is such a good, healthy attitude to have taken on. I mean, I always think I'm the exception to the rule, but it seems to me that if you get past the need for specifics and acknowledge the impact of whatever happened, you're headed in the right direction.

Still, why this need to know for sure? You know what I mean?

Thanks for writing, Mommilady!
I do know what you mean. In my case the abuse started when I was really young. Some of my memories of it are very sharp and distinct and others are pretty hazy. When I first told people about it, (trusted family and my first T) they wanted to know specific details and I couldn't remember them all with 100% accuracy. I got very frustrated with myself that I couldn't remember every incident equally completely. It felt like that fact allowed other people to question the severity of what happened to me or whether I was making things up.

It took me some time to feel angry about this....it was and is not my responsibility to give anyone a play-by-play. The fallout I've spent the rest of my life dealing with is not related to exactly what my abuser did or did not do to me or the fact that "it could have been worse." What I do remember is bad enough.
Mommilady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
2or3things, Bill3