View Single Post
Secretum
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2008
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2012 at 09:34 PM

Hi, everyone. I came into college with a lot of AP credits, and could theoretically graduate with a BS in neurobiology in a year. This would be a total of 3 years of undergrad. If I did this, I would go abroad (to Europe) for one year before applying to med school; I've always wanted to travel. My other option involves staying an additional year (4 years total) to get a second major in a subject that I am passionate about, psychology. I would be able to spread my hard science courses out more, so as to not overwhelm myself.

Currently, I am leaning towards the 3 year route, but my thinking has not been the clearest lately. I am bipolar, and a tad bit hypomanic, so every idea that I have now seems like the greatest idea ever.

I understand that I will likely become depressed in the near future, and when I am depressed, I lose my interest in travel. I want/need to be close to home to cope. So, I'm not sure that going abroad for a year would be the smartest thing that I could do. Yet, this is something that I really want to do.

I understand that the ultimate decision is mine, but which path seems to make the most sense to you?

Check out my blog on equality for those with mental health issues (updated 12/4/15) http://phoenixesrisingtogether.blogspot.com

Secretum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SublimeChange