Eliza Jane
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2010
10 hugs
given
Default Jun 04, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveKarma View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies. Some very good, thoughtful, information to consider. I truly appreciate this.

Eliza: Huh, I never knew about this. Think I'll have to research this. How do mood stabilizers help you, please? Maybe this info will be helpful to me. So are you saying then that people who have Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD) still remain depressed even when on antidepressants? If so, this isn't the case with me- they help. It was just the Prozac which increased my depression. The reason why I asked about Bipolar is because of my suspected symptoms, not because I don't respond to antidepressants. Interesting though and still worth a look.

~*PositiveKarma*~
TRD is defined as failing 2 sufficient trials of antidepressants(adequate dose and duration). For me, mood stabilizers have lessened my intense suicidal depression. They make me feel like myself.

Interestingly, I had a similar reaction to Prozac, but I did better on another drug in the same class, Lexapro (although it alone was insufficient to make me well).

Take care,
EJ
Eliza Jane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote