Thread: Unemployed....
View Single Post
Eloise42

Member Since Apr 2010
Default Jun 08, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I've now been through unemployment twice in the last two years and it can totally beat you into the ground. I think I'm getting some traction right now and I think that's because I started looking into different, more specific job posting websites and trying for a lot of different things I didn't consider the first time. And that is actually kind of exciting, entertaining the idea of a different kind of life.

What is helping me maintain sanity (which didn't happen the first time around) is I am limiting the amount of time I spend applying to things, it's compartmentalized, and it's a lot less. It may be unrelated but I have been getting a lot more responses than I did last time.

Also the thing you don't have when you don't have a job is time off. You would think that all your time is time off but it really isn't because you are so geared towards, and stressed about, getting a job. So designate "off-time" and if you are like me, once you get a job you will so regret wasting all the free-time you had being so worried. Try to enjoy it while you can. I was a wreck a year and a half ago when I was unemployed. I'm unemployed now and kicking myself for not getting a certain vacation in. I'm taking steps but I'm also taking care of myself and that is a job.
Eloise42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
BlackPup