Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2012 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFlyingMonkeys View Post
Im going to bring this up with t but i was just curious. Im not asking if itd a DID thing or anything, just if its in relation to dissociation in general.

I am at work, extremely angry with my co workers to the point of tears. Then my head starts getting all fuzzy feeling. And i start to notice that answering the phones and talking to guests, my voice and theirs seems dampened i guess you could say. I think i was talking clearly and all but to me it sounded at a distance. I wont say i wasnt the one talking because i think i was as i remember slightly the conversation, and was working just like i would had i not been angry, but i was kind of robotic i guess. Not really controlling what i was saying, just going through the motions i guess. I really dont know how else to explain it, its such a strange feeling i can never fully accurately describe it.

My voice was perky, i answered the questions correctly, but i wasnt fully aware or thinking wise, i wasnt there, more of just listening from a distance. Im just wondering if this sort of thing should be brought up with t or if its normal? Sessions are only an hour long and we havent even been able to scrape the surface of my troubles, i dont want to waste time on something thats normal.

Thanks for any input. He already knows and believes the DID diagnosis, but i just dont know whats what any more...

for some people yes this is what dissociation in general is like for others it isnt. for some its a medical problem and for others its medication, it could be anything including normal for some people.

only your treatment provider can say whether this is a dissociation symptom for you. Im glad you are going to talk with your therapist about this.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gr3tta