View Single Post
Rapunzel
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2003
132 hugs
given
Default Jun 24, 2006 at 09:21 PM

Your descriptions of your concerns and feelings and your relationship with your parents really rings a bell with me. It's pretty familiar, because I have attachment issues and what you are talking about is so much along the same lines. I've been fascinated with learning about attachment over the last year and a half or so since it has caught my attention. In fact, I went to a conference on that subject last week. While most information about attachment and attachment disorders pertains mostly to kids, we were all children and as adults we are still affected by that stuff. Adults can have attachment disorders too. Let me know if you want more information about this. In the meantime, here's one article online that covers some of the basics. http://www.attachmentexperts.com/adultcouple.html In this article, a lot of it focuses on couples, but I think it's good to learn and get worked out at any stage of life, preferably before it has the chance to interfere with your future family.

Rapunzel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote