View Single Post
healed84
Young Butterfly

Member Since Jan 2012
1,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 04, 2012 at 09:38 PM

I have been doing much better these days.. Panic attacks are getting less and less and really those are what were disabling me from functioning in my everyday life and I was hardly hanging on from one session to the next.
So, after the first two appointments I ever had with T that were two weeks apart, he mentioned at the end if it would be okay if I came in the next week instead of two weeks? I said sure, then he asked me at the end of that appointment if I was ok with going to once a week.. I thought about it for a min.. and he said, I think it is important. Okay, then after I disclosed the rape he wanted me to schedule a couple of weeks out to ensure that I got to see him once a week. I have been okay with that and would get anxious if I couldn't see him once a week for whatever reason and that really bothered me.

Well, now that I am doing much better I have been thinking about going every other week again. So, my plan was to bring it up in our last session. We got to talking about other things that I forgot to bring it up. So, when he said to make sure I am scheduled for next week and I assured him that I was already, but I was thinking about coming less frequently. He said oh really, he seemed suprised.. and said, well we can talk about it next week when I come.

I was thrown off by it, I thought for sure he would say.. Sure, see you in two weeks.. It didn't go down like that and now he wants to talk about it.. I really thought there wasn't anything to talk about. Now, I am all reading into thinking that maybe he doesn't think that I am ready... What is there to talk about really? How has it worked for the rest of you???

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!" - J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
healed84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote