View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
79 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 09, 2012 at 05:55 PM

Hi, For addiction support I attend AA regularly. I really like it, and find it helpful.

There's also Women for Sobriety (WFS) I like their program a lot, but they only have 1 IRL meeting a week in Toronto. They're nowhere near as big as AA and don't have as many meetings, but they have an awesome website with live chats. I don't tend to go to the meeting as it's a bit hard for me to get to, but I'm on their site every day.

In Canada we have the Canadian Mental Health Agency (CMHA) which in some area's puts on groups.

Here in Ontario, there's also the Mood Dissorders Association of Ontario (MDAO) The run a lot of groups around depression and Bi-polar.

In Toronto, there's also a volunteer, peer run Social Phobia Support Group that meets once a month. I've never been to it though, but may try it, once I'm done with my move.

There's also again a peer run support group for people with Borderline Personality Disorder. I've never been to it either, I just learned about it through the DBT program that I did.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

Last edited by splitimage; Jul 09, 2012 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: To add something I forgot
splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote