View Single Post
shortandcute
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2011
2,427 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2012 at 02:00 PM

mommyof2girls, you have obviously never tried getting disability, because if you did, you would know that it is not the "easy way out." It can take several years sometimes, and the hoops you have to jump through to get it often make it more stressful than holding down a job, which is why there are a lot of people who should be on disability that just work instead.

I used to also think the way you do--even tho there have been people--including physicians!!!--who have told me that I needed to be on it.

But I have lost the few jobs I was able to get because of my disabilities. Some jobs I lost after one hour, some after a few days, etc--and not because I didn't want to work, either! But because my supervisors could see that I couldnt handle and didnt have the time or patience to deal with me. Of course, that doesnt look good on a resume', which makes it difficult to find another job. In the meantime, I have had to resort to prostitution, living with men who abused me, and having kids so I could get on welfare--all because I didn't want to "take the easy way out," but couldnt hold down a job either! (Right now, we are living on survivors benefist that are supposed to be for my daughter only--her dad was disabled and died a few years ago.)
shortandcute is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Onward2wards, whimsygirl

Thanks for this!
junkDNA, kcakes, newtus, thickntired, whimsygirl