Lizabelle
Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
156 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Jul 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I'm 14, and a girl. That's about it.

The problem is, when I tried to "come out of the closet" to my mom, it didn't really work.

Her dad was gay, and since it was so long ago, he had all those problems about it not being accepted in society. So, when I told her, she said to be careful, because it can ruin your life. Was she trying to tell me that it's better to repress it??

Also, I tried to say it gently, so I said something along the lines of "I think I might be bisexual." And you know what she told me? That "Everyone has a part of them that's bisexual. You just have to choose to act on it or not."

WTF?! I thought it was something you knew about yourself... I mean, I've fantasized about kissing girls that I know. I've even asked one of my openly gay friends to introduce me to lesbian/bi girls that he knows.

It just feels like she doesn't believe me, or she thinks it's "a phase", or that I'm trying to get attention.

And now, it's making me doubt myself. Am I really making this up? Is it actually a phase people go through?

I mean, I know that I'm not lesbian. I do like guys "that way". But I feel the same way about girls.

Am I crazy for doubting myself? Or am I crazy for believing that I'm bisexual in the first place?

I'm ok...isn't that what I'm supposed to say?
Lizabelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
missbelle