View Single Post
Anonymous100180

Default Jul 21, 2012 at 07:02 PM

50 Shades of Grey really bothers me. While it helps some people learn that you don't have to be strictly vanilla & being kinky doesn't have to shun you from society. But it also gives people a lot of unrealistic expectations about BDSM. It's bad enough that some people use the Dominant or submissive role as a scapegoat to mistreat/mooch off of their partner in some situation... Now there are going to be a lot of misinformed young girls who think they want to submit & could be exploited. *shakes head*

In regards to the original post... I was spanked a lot as a child. With one of my exes, I liked when he spanked me. But when we wanted to use a belt -- it's like some weird primal instinct kicked in. My eyes got wide, I started trembling, & I couldn't control my reactions. We had to stop the scene short & just play videogames together. With my current boyfriend, however? I'm perfectly fine with it.

Being physically or psychologically taken advantage of is a lot more complex than most people really care to imagine. Even if you KNOW that you like something, you can often lose control of your reaction because you hit some sort of subconscious nerve. It involves a ridiculous amount of trust & knowledge of your partner. Especially when you have a past with abuse, which we often do... It can be a healing experience to have positive emotions attached to what previously traumatised you. But in a joking context -- there is not enough depth in the relationship or act itself to be a healing experience.

And also, keep in mind, warming up is important. Being hit too hard too quickly can create a fight or flight reaction. : )
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Typo

Thanks for this!
LiteraryLark, lynn P., Typo