View Single Post
beauflow
-------no titles please--

Member Since Jul 2011
15.1k hugs
given
Trig Jul 24, 2012 at 04:55 PM

Trigger due to I am talking about suicide.

First- I really like this website right now--
http://www.helpguide.org/mental/suicide_help.htm
Quote:
Feeling suicidal is not a character defect, and it doesn't mean that you are crazy, or weak, or flawed. It only means that you have more pain than you can cope with right now.
It is similar to the website I found one day when I was down that said- wait 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours.... realize that the pain is due to not coping well. Coping skills will help with managing the pain..

My question is -- is there a difference with attempts of suicides?

I don't think so- I think all attempts are part of not coping well-- but my issue right now that I AM Dealing with IS GUILT that a person is Attempting-- As if they try to put part of the reason is due to me.. My Mother has done this to me-- My Oldest sister made well and sure that I knew that our mother attempted due to Me of expressing how I felt and feelings. I realize that with my mom at least-- this was just to get others against me, to hate me, to warn others not tell her their feelings.... Many people do not understand where I stand- even my sisters I am sure may be a little confused, but my mother left me for dead one time -- it is something I have trouble getting over and doubt that I will fully every get over-- due to she was straight forward- "I was pretty sure you were oding but I just left you there"....
I understand that some people will say- Dumb Teenager using drugs- but that is their opinion. It was my bad coping skills at the time.

My recent thing these days is my brother- he has a lot of similarities to our mother I must sadly say--- He has been attempting suicide by laying on rail road tracks, walking into on coming traffic.... and another one here not too long ago (just found out last Sunday- with something).

For a while now- i have told him to get help.. he needs a therapist- I keep bringing up better coping skills... and ya know what I am ignored.

How do i deal with this? i keep saying a day at a time--- but I am just so tired.

There is more to this story of my brother a lot more.... My sister thinks I should tell him how I feel, how he effects me (i.e. I shut down after we talk due to how he treats me)... I don't think he really cares.. I have told him in the past with our first detaching on how I felt and got it used against me.. so if anyone can understand I may not up forth with that.

i do feel guilt- i just wish I could take away all of this and have him better and myself better but I can only work on me.

Has anyone else dealt with attempted suicides like this?

I have had a friend that committed suicide, friends that were close to death not "attempting" like my brother or my mom has.

I sound like a real ***** to say-- serious attempts of suicide and then less serious attempts of suicide--

No matter what I think is serious- it does come down to coping skills... I will not debate about that.

i guess I am just -- not enough sleep, tearing myself apart for well the last two weeks a lot on this and i am just so tired.

Hugs from:
Anonymous33145, Charlie_J, dailyhealing, happiedasiy, IowaFarmGal, lynn P., Open Eyes