Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 25, 2012 at 01:25 PM

(((beauflow))),

You have to remember that these things you are learning now are "healthier ways of thinking" and your disfunctional family never taught you that. We tend to fall back on being a victim because it is what we know, kind of like auto pilot sometimes. For a while we have to actually stop and think and remember that auto pilot only brought us to misery and guilt that should have never been ours to begin with.

From what you have discribed, your brother is VERY toxic to a point where he is dangerous. He has somehow learned to gain attention from putting out some very "bad" behaviors. There is NO way you are qualified to "treat this problem" and what you now need to do is learn to "not" allow him to make "any" gains when he continues this "toxic" behavior pattern around you.

This whole thing with the phone call and then not calling you back, he is trying to punish you, make you suffer and worry. You need to just come out and say, "dont call me anymore, I am done". Because what he is doing to you when he does that is he is trying to pull you down with him. He is in such self pitty that he wants others to go down with him in his drowning.

Honestly?, I understand even more about why you started the thread about the Colorado Theater Killings. You see this potential in your brother and it is a very REAL concern of yours and so far, "no one is listening to you on this". But this can very well happen because when someone doesn't get help, needs attention somehow, they get so bad that ANY attention is better than NO attention at all. And this is exactly what they do, THEY TAKE OTHERS DOWN WITH THEM. And then they finally gain attention, EVEN IF IT IS BAD ATTENTION. We know this when we watch children who don't learn to gain attention the right way and end up being bullies and creating some kind of bad just to gain much needed attention.

I wondered about this while looking at this young man in his court appearance. He is placid and somewhat dazed but he finally got the attention now didn't he? And you see this potential in your brother as well. No one is listening are they? You talked to the hospital too, yet they didn't listen. I am not surprised that this incident in Colorado is triggering you.

I am wondering if you should go to the police and talk to them even about how you feel. I don't know where else you could got for this to be honest. I think you have a genuine concern beauflow.

(((Hugs)))
Open Eyes
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
beauflow

Thanks for this!
beauflow