View Single Post
wisewoman
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2004
Default Jul 09, 2006 at 12:19 PM

It's a very long story but we have known for some time that something bad happened to our son in a sexual way. He has never spoken directly, only alluded to it. So, I get called at 1:30 am. from the State Police to go pick up my DUI son. I am told that he had a major panic attack when he was arrested and on the way home he told me that the panic attack was because he thought he was going to jail and he knew it would happen there. He told me who did it and sort of when. He was young. The thing is that this man is a pedophile we later learned but raping my son does not follow his M.O. as he liked baby girls and was repulsed by boys.

Anyway, I ended up in the E.R. for breathing at 3:30 a.m. and am now in bed. I need to rest and get ready to speak with him about how I am glad that he told me and yes he has made a lot of mistakes but he has also done great things and he is young and can pick up and move on. He has power and choices and now that he has spoken of this with me he can get some help to learn how to not let it affect his entire life.

I am ill, in shock, sorrow, angry with boith him and the perp, him for his screwed up activities and obviously why at the perp. I did call police who are supposed to call me today. Is it too late to prosecute? I am a pacifist struggling with feelings of wanting to hunt him down and torture his mind more then his body. That is a moral struggle for me.
wisewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote