Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 31, 2012 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFlyingMonkeys View Post
I've never read any books about DID and am going to order one tonight and was hoping to get some advice on if they are worth buying or not. And if you have which would you recommend you know...
Choices I have (for my e-reader) are
Fragments-by Tessa Jones
A shattered Mind-by Dauna Cole
Last Door-by Raven Rozier
Invisible Tears-by Abigail Lawrence

I know nothing about these books, just searched DID in the e-book store and these looked ok.. Any advice opinions or anything?
the one book we recommend here at the crisis center is Amongst Ourselves. its a workbook that is focused on the positive side of the disorder. it explains what the disorder is in a non triggering using both the DSM IV TR diagnostic criteria (which of course like all other books presently on the market, will be considered outdated when the new diagnostic criteria takes affect) but other then that we find our clients respond to the workbook positively with little to no triggering reactions. the work in the book are things like getting to know how your internal system has helped you, see how far you have come, a way to map your internal system, co-existing with your alters, how to get through /manage those addictive/maladaptive/negative ...behaviors that naturally come with being DID... theres even information in there to help people with DID to deal with partners/friends/family, therapists...

the book can be found on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Amongst-Oursel...ntity+disorder

a more up to date book that is floating around the crisis center is Understanding and Treating Dissociative Identity Disorder: A relational Approach.

its also at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-...ntity+disorder

I have not had my chance to read it yet but my co workers say its fantastic.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
PurpleFlyingMonkeys, Sprite~