View Single Post
nevergiveup8

Member Since May 2012
10 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2012 at 05:51 PM

Hello all,
I am in the process of looking for a treatment center for my mental health issues because, unfortunately, my depression symptoms have escalated rapidly and weekly meetings with my therapist just isn't quite cutting it for me anymore. Just a quick background on my condition: I have been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, and (more recently) it has been suggested that I may be displaying symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (which is different than OCD). I do not have any addiction issues, eating disorders, or history of abuse. My therapist suggested that I look for a place outside of my hometown because she is not a big fan of the treatment facilities in our community and, as an added bonus, if I go out of state I don't run the risk of seeing someone I know during my treatment. Her suggestion was La Paloma Treatment Center in Memphis, Tennessee. I spoke with them on the phone this afternoon and my biggest concern was that they informed me that the MINIMUM length of stay is thirty days. Although I would be able to leave whenever I pleased because I have not exhibited signs of harming myself or others, if I'm going to go through treatment, I want to follow the rules and do it the right way. However, thirty days sounds like a LONG time to me. I was thinking more along the lines of a week, or two weeks max. Plus, it was obvious that their main focus is substance abuse and dual-diagnosis, which does not fit what I am currently dealing with. If anyone has heard of La Paloma, had personal experience with inpatient treatment programs, or has any insight to give me... it would be much appreciated!
nevergiveup8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote