Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 02, 2012 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouR View Post
Sounds like there's a lot to read. I found some I'm going to read first then I'll share which ones I read if you like.
Yeah the Sybil thing has got me confused....
I think the thing one needs to do is realise that society at large don't know much about DID or MPD and books like Sybil and The three faces of eve have been made popular as well as there movies. One thing I've learnt through/from human nature is that we(humans) like to negate/dismiss things in society that are not the norm. My question is there anyone truly unbiased that can adequately investigate this disorder without fear or prejudice?
They were trying to remove DID from the DSM V at one point have they changed thier minds since? Amanda Louise do you know what the latest with that development is?
yes as of at this moment DID is being included in the new DSM... you can follow any changes/updates/revisions/ whats being kept/ whats being renamed/ whats being thrown out of the DSM by visiting the DSM website at

http://www.dsm5.org/Pages/Default.aspx

to see each mental disorder scroll over "proposed Revisions" a drop box opens up. clicking on each disorder/disorder category will open a page that gives the revisions (any changes being made) and changes to the scales of severity, and there is also a tab so you can see the present DSM criteria for each disorder so that you can compare the revisions that will appear in the new book vs what is the present diagnostics..

on the main page (the link above) along the right side is a box with links of "whats new" which will also help you navigate/understand and follow any changes being made to the DSM.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LouR

Thanks for this!
LouR