View Single Post
purpledaisy
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2012
86 hugs
given
Default Aug 02, 2012 at 08:26 PM

My long-term disability also has a limit of 24 months for mental health.

We'll see what happens with the possibility of doing short-term while we work out my meds.

I was able to function at this job for the first 6 months of employment, but then the rollercoaster started. Not sure if it was triggered by the stress of the job or what. Anyway, I have never been able to hold a job past a year and a half and I just hit that mark a few days ago. Maybe part of the reason I always get fed up and quit or get fired is the bipolar.

Today I called the crisis phone number at the facility where my psychologist appointment is scheduled for next week, because I was freaking out a bit about the job situation.

Found out the facility has an inpatient program for people to get their meds figured out. It's not for the more serious cases. If there is a chance you will hurt yourself or someone else, they send you to the psych ward instead.

She told me this inpatient wing usually keeps people between 2 - 5 days. It sounds pretty informal. The doors are unlocked all day. They lock them at night.

I learned some stuff at work today that made me feel like I might be fired or "asked to resign" faster than I had thought.

It upset me in a way. It looks like I'm being taken off of a long-term project that involved duties that are actually my strengths. So why take me off of those duties if I'm actually great at them? It doesn't make sense. Unless they want to get rid of me, or if they figure they will free up time for me to focus on learning the stuff that I'm NOT that great at doing.

The meeting where this change will be announced is going to take place next week, on the same day as my psychologist appointment.

Now the problem will be dealing with my downward spiral. After a couple of weeks of hypomania, I'm dreading this.

Tomorrow morning, I'm calling the clinic to see if they might be able to see me before Wednesday. It's worth a shot.
purpledaisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
justaSeeker

Thanks for this!
justaSeeker