View Single Post
wellenough

Member Since May 2010
Default Aug 07, 2012 at 08:14 PM

I am currently on private (employer) Long Term Disability. In order to get to this point I had to: use all sick leave, use all FMLA time, use all Short Term Disability. I went into the hospital for suicidal planning/actions, was there 2 weeks, so I had quite a bit of documentation for LTD, especially since STD was for same reasons. My psychiatrist has been very helpful in understanding the issues and documenting them, the apt time is used to fill out the forms as needed (longer than normal apt time is needed). I was recently required to file for SSDI, I have it ready to digitally sign but want a mental health advocate to look it over first (from DBSA). I get 60% of my monthly income for up to 24 months, as long as I am disabled from THAT JOB or a similar one. I can also work, which I am doing at lower stress jobs (no, not flippin burgers, that may be more stressful!), and I just get 50% of the earnings subtracted from my 60% salary. It is the best insurance, wish I didn't have reason to use it, but it has been a house and life saver. Best of Luck to you, ...
wellenough is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
justaSeeker

Thanks for this!
justaSeeker