View Single Post
Anonymous32765

Default Aug 12, 2012 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena.agathon View Post
Thanks, guys. Writing things down is a strategy that has worked for me in the past (actually I write a lot now, but I never bring that with me to therapy). But I may do it anyway...I got so frustrated last week that I decided that I just needed to make notes and bring them because when I get nervous I forget everything I thought about (and everything about the session the week before).

If I'm realistic, my therapist is probably not frustrated with me...I'm frustrated with me, and I just assume that he will be, too. He's been consistent about telling me that it's OK and that he's not impatient with me but if he doesn't say it a thousand times in a session I start to not believe it (probably if he did, I still wouldn't believe it!).
(((hugs))) Its not easy to remember things in session, especially when T's put you on the spot with random questions you haven't planned on. So it might be a good idea for you to do some homework, for example write down what you would like to talk about or what is bothering you the most that you can't talk about.
The written word can be very powerful and expressive when you can't talk about something! This is your therapy Athena, it is up to you how is goes or maybe you can tell T that you would like him to start the sessions and maybe that will make you feel more comfortable if he directed it, or you emailed him what you would like to talk about before you session. Just a suggestion, good luck
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote