View Single Post
Leed
Elder

Member Since Oct 2010
189 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2012 at 08:06 PM

Don't you think she MIGHT be using this as an excuse for BAD BEHAVIOR?? BiPolar children DO have to be taught to behave. You cannot enable them to be misbehaving children. They MUST be taught that they have to face consequences for their behavior. They have to face up to their responsibilities and be punished just like any other child.

Perhaps she knows the symptoms of BiPolar and she's milking it for all it's worth. Have you talked to her therapist about this behavior? Are you SURE that this is ALL part of the disease??? Teenagers can be VERY VERY sneaky and they try to put things over us continually. Just trying to put a bug in your ear so you're not "schmoozed" like some parents have been.

Make SURE that her behavior is the ILLNESS and not just bad behavior. It can be hard to distiinguish, and you'll need the help of the therapist to find out. God bless and best of luck. My heart goes out to you! Hugs, Lee

PS -- I KNOW you're great parents -- just saying that these teenagers learn from each other how to "get things over" on their parents. LOL I've seen it over and over again with my 16 yr old. Whew --- what a tornado! LOL
Leed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote