View Single Post
Typo
Elder

Member Since Feb 2008
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 17, 2012 at 08:35 AM

I think you should be open about your fetish and what you are looking for, it is better than in the long term wasting time being with people who aren't into it and it is always good to be up front with someone.

As for pursuing a relationship without kink, it never worked for me, what I ended up realizing I needed is a D/s (dominat and submissive) relationship to be emotionally complete and happy in a relationship. When I wasn't pursuing it in a healthy matter within the BDSM community I would end up in emotionally abusive relationships and being taken advantage of. For me it just didn't work, I had to have that dynamic.

Sex can be a very important part of a relationship, it fulfills many emotional needs for many people. You have to ask yourself if you were to be with someone for long term could you live with a "vanilla" sex life? Would you feel emotionally satisfied in that relationship?

It's hard sometimes to find people in the same kinks, because so many kinks are very hush hush (like D/s relationships or most types of BDSM) some people are very open and some people only talk about it once establishing a line of trust.

You will find someone into those things, it just takes a bit more time and patience (and I know dating already takes so much time and patience ) but it is worth it in the end when you find someone that lines up right with all your kinks and is on the same page with you. Local munches (BDSM community lunch or dinner get togethers) would also be a good way to meet people who may share the same kinks and fetishes as you.

oh and I think your add sounds great, very well written and inviting! And it doesn't just sound like you want sex at all, it says alot about your interest and what you are looking for long term with a partner and what hobbies you have!

Wishing you lots of luck!
Typo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Harley47