View Single Post
Nicks_Nose
Imperfect Idealist

Member Since Mar 2012
6,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 18, 2012 at 04:56 PM

I have been diagnosed with it and I experience many different degrees of loneliness with it. Oddly enough, I work in a social field of work, retail. I interact with people everyday but it is on an impersonal level. The role-playing of retail work makes it less intimate when I interact with customers day in and day out. However, I go home after work, and never go out to social events or date.

I cannot feel intimate with men because I cannot feel trust with them. I always fear being hurt by them. I cannot carry intimate chit chat with even my closest relatives. I can discuss news topics, impersonal issues such as repairs, laundry problems, recipes, but nothing about my personal daily life, because I don't have one. I work, I come home. That is all. I realize though, that by disconnecting, I am creating my own problem. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. By not going out, I have nothing to talk about. So I am creating my own hell. If I want something to talk about to my family and relatives, I have to do things worth talking about.
Nicks_Nose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mulan

Thanks for this!
Thimble