View Single Post
Nicks_Nose
Imperfect Idealist

Member Since Mar 2012
6,341 hugs
given
Default Aug 20, 2012 at 03:44 PM

I will call my psych profs tomorrow. There is one specifically I have in mind....and a counsellor I personally know in the system. I will let you know what they recommend for here anyway. If the system doesn't want to support it, the university Psych program might try it with their Psych Students as a research project. I just got home from work and am tired tonight. But I will try to better construct the main points of the program for the proposal so I can better present the idea.

I was looking at first having a counsellor/therapist lead with group discussion/intros from participants. Familiarizing each member with eachother's challenges and warming up to opening to the group. Identifying the common thought distortions, and misjudgements of people we experience. Errors of self judgment also. What do each of us set as a goal from the program?

Establish feeling in social settings, identify which settings most stress us. Open discussion of how others in the group handle various situations. Establish connection amongst participants...identify with others.

One could create from the beginning, certain guidelines such as common greeting practices, develop habits in reactions to stressful moments, catch phrases to help start or continue or comfortably end a conversation and move on. Establish our own rules that we feel comfortable with and drop the expectations we think others have of us.

Possibly take turns opening chat at each session to develop ease being the focus. This could be later in the last half of the class. An evaluation half way through the sessions to establish if goals are being reached or challenges overlooked.

That is what i have so far. Have tried to evaluate possible costs, or calculate time requirements, paper work required, goal setting, feasability, etc. I am not good with numbers though.
Nicks_Nose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote