View Single Post
RattledPan

Member Since Jul 2012
Default Aug 25, 2012 at 01:05 AM

Tend,
I've gone through this, slightly different, but I think I can share that I have had surprises of the different ways anxiety shows up in my life.

I had heavy chest pressure, sweaty, raised pulse and my partner called the paramedics. They ended up installing a stent from some blockage in one of my arteries, but nothing really was discussed about a heart attack, rather a heart "event".

A couple of years later, I was slurring words and had slow and confused responses to questions to me; chest pain back. I got a two day stay because of this, but the general consensus was that it was stress. Stress I understood. Anxiety, in a medical condition I did not really understand.

By this I was going through this, I was working with a new doctor, whom I had developed a great respect for, and finally to the point here: I felt safe with him and his care.

For me, about six months of this, I was actively reading about depression and anxiety, and talking tentatively with him about this as well as my partner. I had been on Wellbutrin for a while (it soften the "sharp edges of life" I described it)

I guess I'm am saying that I agree with others to explore these other possibilities they have mentioned, but consider that perhaps this anxiety physicality that you are having might be cracks in a wall of protection that you have around some of your other issues.

I share some of your same illnesses. Early last week, my "cork" finally popped. In this trusted doctor's care and office, I expressed suicidal ideation. I'm in a three week outpatient program that has helped so much with learning more about communication within myself. I understand that there are so many things that, as an adult, I thought I knew about myself and am realizing there is so much I don't know. (If you don't know, you don't know, that you don't know--ya know?;-)

Please accept this as a suggestion to consider, nothing more. I wish you peace and understanding in your life.
RattledPan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LiveThroughThis, whenwillitend