View Single Post
Nicks_Nose
Imperfect Idealist

Member Since Mar 2012
6,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 28, 2012 at 07:07 AM

Advertising has been all over the place and I don't mean just typical advertising like "by this product" but also promotion of lifestyles by health professionals, social media, etc. You watch health programs and everything is about relaxing and beating stress. Balancing demands of work life and personal life. When they hear of people being so stressed in the work force, who wouldn't rather go to zumba classes or see the latest movie. People are being told everywhere to balance work and life....young people are hearing this. They are still experiencing independence for the first time and a sense of "I have control of my life" for the first time. Why wouldn't they take advantage of that and feel empowered? Which one of the older crowd hasn't looked back at youth and wished we could have a taste of it again? The optimism, the hormones and lust for life...it is all part of the package of that age group. As the years progress and they begin to stick to one person or find a path they want to reach or have children, etc...they start to become more serious as the years go by and before you know it...they are just like us wondering why the young ones have no ambition.