View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default Aug 28, 2012 at 09:05 AM

back in the 90's, I was acting as a lead engineer on a project I was on & we got an engineer fresh out of college......all the older guy were getting rather frustrated with him because even though he was extremely intelligent, he seemed lazy.......until I worked with him a little bit & gave him ownership of an area of the project that he was then responsible for. I remembered how that had made me feel as a fresh out engineer & applied it to him along with showing him the ropes & what all was expected with the overall picture of the project. Everyone ended up being very pleased with his work.

I was always the workaholic because I enjoyed my work along with it being a wonderful escape from a bad marriage.....but the social life at the company was great also....we had a racquettball club & a ballroom dancing club that we all got together for at lunch times. It wasn't a small engineering company, but it wasn't huge either.....but working & socializing together made for a much better environment & everyone seemed very enthusiastic to accomplish their work & when our project was actually implemented & was importantly functional in the for the military successes, it made the feeling of accomplishment even greater as part of a large team......think the work environment is also a large key in the attitude success.....problem now is that companies don't seem to value their employees as much as they used to & I think it makes the employees less willing to give their all to a company who will let them go at a moment's notice.....loyalty toward valuing the employee has changed & so has the employee's willingness to give himself to the company.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018

Thanks for this!
beauflow, Nicks_Nose