View Single Post
Anonymous273

Default Jul 25, 2006 at 01:31 PM

Good for you Desirae! I think you would make an excellent teacher and maybe be good carear choice for you!

I breastfed both my kids and am very happy for it. With my son, I had a different experience. We found out (eventually) that he had severe food allergies that were coming through my breastmilk. It is uncommon , for many months they doctors tired to tell me he had colic, but my gut instinct told me something else. I did some research (before common PC's LOL) and found out some info from the Mayo Clinic from some studies that they just started. They sent me a ton of helpful information about it.
I had to go on a very strict allergy diet myself because my son was allergic to ALL formulas even the one for babies allergic to milk and soy, so I needed to breastfeed him medically. I had to visit a ped. nutricianist every 2 weeks to make sure I was getting what I needed and my baby too. Well it turns out that I had to breastfeed him until he was 2 because he needed the protein and milkfat and couldnt' get it anyway except through the breastmilk. It was hard but the only choice was to use donated breastmilk from somebody else, and that wasn't an opotion for me. LOL
And the thing about teeth, my baby had a full set by the time he was 1 1/2 years and I never got bit! lol Breastfeeding a wonderful thing to do for your baby. Good luck, keep us posted!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote