View Single Post
gettingby

Member Since Jul 2012
1 hugs
given
Default Aug 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Does anyone else do this? I feel like I over-analyze every single thing I do and how I do it. I hate the way I speak, I hate the way I write, I hate the way I gesture. I look at other people as, I guess, inspiration and think, "how would they speak?"
Sometimes I think I am coming off too nice or needy or desperate and think, I need to tone it down a bit, but then I worry I am coming off too cold or distant. It's a constant struggle.
I noticed the other day at an interview (have been job interviewing) that I nod constantly "yes" and I noticed it made me seem way too eager.

I've been struggling with who I "am" the past couple of years. Ive moved to a new country and have struggled expressing myself. Ive had trouble making friends and at times become very isolated.
I find myself to be less interesting than before, I find myself to be less intelligent, I feel like I never have anything good to say. You would think living in another country would make me an interesting person but it seems to have the opposite effect.

Much love to you all
gettingby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37866, miss_rainy, Stormy Seas

Thanks for this!
colourblind, miss_rainy, SwayintheBreeze