View Single Post
susan900

Member Since Aug 2012
10 hugs
given
Default Sep 04, 2012 at 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
Well, I'm amazed we didn't start this forum earlier, as people seem to have many questions about psychotherapy, how to get started, how to find a new therapist, knowing when to end therapy, etc. etc.

Here's a forum to share your psychotherapy experiences and help others understand what to look for in quality psychotherapy. Here's some background reading:
<ul>[*]How to Choose a Therapist[*]Distinctions Between Therapists' Degrees[/list]Enjoy!
DocJohn
Hi DocJohn,

I am quite new here. I was having Cbt therapy for Ocd-which I have had for over 20 years. Anyway, my therapist was really good at helping me, ( I felt)but my therapy is ended untill November, (I am in Uk).

Anway, near the end of my sessions this July, I felt attachment and feelings for my therapist. I was really worried, as this has never happened to me before. I checked out on here, what was going on, read about transfrence etc..

Then I phoned my therapist, and though was not sure whether to tell him, I did tell him. He was okay, but the week after it was my last session for now. I felt very nervous and unable to talk about How I felt. My therapist said contact me later in the year. And when I got home, I phoned him, and said, im all confused how will I cope? I need to talk through my feelings. He said, we need distance at this time. So he said, you can call me to let me know how you are.l I called next day and was quite emotional. And then he said he wud call me a week later. But I thought he was avoiding me, so called myself. and he said, how many time did you call? I had called twice to get to talk to him that day, and he was busy. I said sorry and felt awful. Later on that day i text that I will deal with my own problems as he is cross at me, But later on in the week, I phoned the office and said i was upset, so ignore the text I sent. then next time, I phoned to ask if my therapist will still help me on November( when I have therapy again). My therapist supervisor would not let me speak to my therapist. I was felt so upset. I am no danger to him. And she said I have called too much. This caused me alot of upset. And I have not been able to speak to my therapist and I really did start to trust him. Now My doctor has sent a letter on my behalf. Asking my therapist to still help me when I can have more therapy. I have not been phoning too much now, last time I spoke to therapist, she said write down that I dont need to phone them for reassurance. And I am trying to do that. So any advice you have will be most welcome. Thanks.
susan900 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HelpMe2013, nushi

Thanks for this!
HelpMe2013