View Single Post
roads

Member Since Aug 2011
1,620 hugs
given
Default Sep 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika View Post
My bf a while back told me I was getting old. I am 33, I didn't think I was that old, but he insisted that 33 is old. Seriously I tried to put that out of my head cause I know it's crap. I do. It's not even half my life hopefully. But this made me really doubt myself.... a LOT.

I think I need to go back to the drawing board on the self esteem things.
You're exactly half my age. I'm old but not ancient ... I have a friend who is 96, and I consider her not ancient but quite definitely old. Her mind is still in good shape, but she does use a walker to get around. I wonder what your bf would think of her.

Anika, there are a lot of women on PsychCentral--some in the medium-&-above range of awesome. Most of those are nearer my age than yours ... sorry, kiddo, you have awesome potential, but you haven't lived enough!

You are youngish, pre-middle age by several years. That bf may have a long list of admirable assets, but he's got noodles for brains when it comes to simple common sense & knowledge of cultural anthropology and sociology. Tell me where he lives & I'll send the message directly.

Roadie

Hugs from:
Anonymous32507

Thanks for this!
BipolaRNurse, moremi, treehugger727